LOGAN, UT – Automation Products Group, Inc. (APG) introduces a new self-contained measurement and control solution featuring the new Series MDI Intrinsically Safe Modbus Display and new Series MPI Intrinsically Safe Magnetostrictive Level Probes.
Developed in tandem with each other, the MDI modbus display and the MPI level probe are designed to work together, creating a stand-alone, self-contained measurement and control solution for Class I hazardous locations. The battery-powered MDI display is not only rated for installation in Class I, Zone 1 areas, is it also rated to power a single Intrinsically Safe device installed in Class I, Zone 1 or 0 areas without the need for complex IS barriers or explosion-proof conduit. Similarly, a single MPI probe can be installed in a Class I, Division 1 or Class I, Zone 0 location and connected directly to an MDI display. For stand-alone measurement-and-display in Hazardous Locations, an MDI and MPI greatly simplify both the amount of equipment needed and the installation procedures.
For more complicated scenarios, an MDI display with an auxiliary connection can be used with a passive monitoring system to provide system-wide access to the readings from the MPI probe. While a barrier is not required between the MDI display and MPI probe, an Intrinsically Safe barrier is required between the MDI display and the external monitoring system. The external system can only passively read the MDI display. However, the external system can be set to provide a “Wake Up” input to the MDI display, preserving the life of the battery powering both the MDI display and the MPI probe.
Already known for Explosion-proof Magnetostrictive Level Probes, APG is expanding its offerings to include Intrinsically Safe magnetostrictive level probes. Available across all the same stem types as the Explosion-proof probes, the MPI probes provide the precision output and control parameters of Modbus with the installation ease of Intrinsically Safe devices.
Features of the Series MDI Intrinsically Safe Modbus Display include:
- Environmentally sealed, IP66-rated 3” or 4” aluminum housing
- Configurable two-line display with battery power indicator
- Operating Temperature Range: -22° – 185° F (-30° – 85° C)
- Optional auxiliary connection for passive external monitoring
- Software-based switchable power for controlled sensor
CSA, ATEX, and IECEx Approvals for the MDI include:
- Class I, Zone 1 Installation
- Control of sensor in Class I, Zone 0 or Class I, Zone 1 area
Features of the Series MPI Intrinsically Safe Magnetostrictive Level Probes include:
- Five stem material/diameter choices:
- stainless steel: 1/2” (MPI-E), 1” (MPI-R), and 7/8” flexible mesh (MPI-F)
- coated stainless steel: 1/2” (MPI-E Chem)
- titanium: 1” (MPI-T)
- Stem length up to 25’ (7.62 m) for R, F, and T stems
- Operating Temperature Range: -40° – 185° F (-40° – 85° C)
- Optional digital temperature sensors (up to 7) in probe stem
- Configurable Modbus output
- Can be powered by MDI battery
CSA, ATEX, and IECEx Approvals for the MPI (all stems) include:
- Class I, Division 1, Groups C, D
- Class I, Zone 0
About Automation Products Group
Automation Products Group, Inc. (APG) is a supplier of innovative and differentiated products, solutions, and services for industrial process measurement and control. Technologies include pressure, flow, level control, analytics, and dedicated flexible control, using state of the art methodologies. Our customers include OEM’s, integrators, distributors and end users. APG’s goal is to provide reliable products and solutions supported with exceptional customer service.
Media Contact: APG Sales, email@example.com, 1-888-525-7300